Die Hipster Die Hipster

It grows on ya.

First time I played it, I thought it got hung up on the stiff clunky controls, though indeed the controls are a common point of contention in the reviews. So I won't bother complaining about them when everyone else already has, so I'll focus on the good, of which there is a lot.

The second time I played it, I got better situated to the controls and that allowed me to focus more on the style of the game, which is its greatest strength. It`s dark, it`s cynical, it`s self-deprecating, and it`s done with puppets. And the music kicks ass. Except for the controls, the whole game is fucking dope. ROCK ON WEFAIL. ROCK ON.

Music Quest Music Quest

I love this damn thing!

I used Youtube all the time to look for new music by just going through bands I already knew and clicking the "Suggested Viewing" until I found something good, slow and inefficient a process as that was. But then I stumbled upon this. I've discovered two new AWESOME bands within ten minutes of loading the gadget and rocked out to old classics, all of which were found with EMBARRASSING EASE.

It gives you a series of tags and search terms, you pick what you like, and it generates a dope-ass superCRUNK playlist of STUFF YOU ARE BOUND TO LIKE. COMPLETE with INFORMATIVE DESCRIPTIONS for the UNINITIATED. The emotion I have towards this thing can only be described as MANIC ENTHUSIGASM. FUCK YES.

The only bad thing I can say about this blessed little gizmo is the rather simplistic and ugly looking interface. BUT it is rendered completely irrelevant by HOW FUCKING AWESOME this thing is.